XAS. Initial Configuration and Preparation
The XAS should be properly configured to cooperate stable with the target business application.
Config File Settings
The same customization can be done in the xas.exe.config file and (if needed) in the Model.xafml file of the XAS's Application Model.
You can see and examine the xas.exe.config file, aims to support the BCDemo application installed with Xafari.
The required steps are described below.
Add connection string to the <connectionStrings> section of the XAS configuration file. This connection string should specify the DB of the target application.
In the <appSettings> section, set the following keys:
- The TargetAppConfigFilePath key specifies the absolute or relative path to the configuration file of the target application. E.g.:
- The ModelEditor key specifies the absolute or relative path to the DevExpress.ExpressApp.ModelEditor.vNM.exe utility. E.g.:
- The BusinessModelEditor key specifies the absolute or relative path to the Project.xafml.Editor.exe utility. E.g.:
- If there are extra modules that should be present in XAS but, for some reasons, they are not loaded to <app_name>.AppModule.Cfg, use the Modules key to specify them.
- Modules key is added if necessary. Its purpose is to specify the extra modules that should be loaded in XAS but, for some reasons, they are not specified in <app_name>.AppModule.Cfg.
For advanced customization of the XAS Application Model, use the standard DevExpress Model Editor.
As a rule, the DBUpdate operation should be executed after installing new versions of XAF applications or before the first launching of the installed app. When using XAS, update the database for both the target app and the XAS application as described in DevExpress Application Update documentation.
It is possible to update the DB by simply launching XAS via command line using the "-dbupdate" key: