ARMs. Design-Times Features
Arms structure is represented in Application Model, thus, you should use the Model Editor to perform required customization. Xafari|ArmDesign node exposes a few general settings, and contains the two child nodes (Arms and Templates) that actually provide the navigation in the application.
ArmsStyle property specifies how to display the Arms in the Win-app. There are two available values: NavBar and TreeList.
EnableArms property specifies whether Arms navigation system applied instead default one. If False, the application will use the XAF Navigation System.
Properties of Behavior group indicate the hotkeys for the corresponding operations.
StartupArmItem specifies the Arm node that is active when the application starts.
This node collects basic units, called Arm, which are the root nodes in the navigation pane of the application. Each individual Arm provides access to a set of navigation items addressed to a certain range of business tasks.
Arm has the following specific properties:
- StartupItem specifies the Arm Item that is active when the application starts.
- Role is the role ID of the user who will be able to see this Arm. This property provides an important feature of the Arm to configure automatically in accordance with various user groups. A lookup list contains the roles from the Xafari|Roles node. These roles must be synchronized with the application Security System.
XafariSecuritySystem.SinchronizeWithModel = true;
Arm node may contain an intricate hierarchical structure that includes the following elements:
- Template link
- Arm Item: View, Action etc.
Template Link is a node intended for the substitution of the ready Arm Template, Arm Template is a set of elements designed for repeated use in various Arms. Arm Templates available for use, is placed in the Xafari|ArmDesign|Templates node. Similarly with Arm, Arm Template contains a Template link, Folder and Item Arm.
Folder is an intermediate node in the Arm structure, it is used to group another elements. Folder may also include a Template link, Folder and Item Arm.
Arm Item is the final element that provides determined functionality of the application. Xafari Arms Module supplies View Arm Item and Action Arm Item. This set can be extended by elements that are implemented in additional modules. In particular, in the composition of the Xafari framework is also available Business Operation Arm Item and Report Arm Item to start Business Operation and Report respectively.
View Arm Item activates List View and Detail View. The framework takes into account the Read Permissions of the current user for the relevant business object.
- View specifies the ID of the View to be displayed.
- ObjectKey specifies the value of the key field of the object to display the Detail View.
Action Arm Item executes an Action. There are two important requirements the Action must satisfy:
- It is a descendant of the Simple Action, Popup Window Show Action or Single Choice Action.
- Action is a member of the Window Controller.
- Its Active and Enabled properties is equals to the True value.
- Action specifies the ID of the Action to be executed.